Thursday, May 3, 2012

Two More Days Before Flying Home.....

Radiation went well yesterday. I was a little tired. Mom, Deb Schonert, and I made our way downtown to have a late lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Oh, it was devine! So THANK YOU, Deb, for making our day go by a little faster. Some days just drag a little. Then, I got a text about 6-ish and Cindy Bateman was hoping to stop by. She arrived about 7. We had a nice visit and I will miss her company, as she moves next weekend to Dallas.

I was in bed by 9 last night and got up about 6:30 am. I slept pretty well. I have radiation at noon today, and then we are eating supper at Mike Sullivan's house. Mike just moved here from Olney but is originally from Pennsylvania. He has become a good family friend through Jenn and Bart.

The only side effect so far from the radiation is a little tiredness. Most days I lay down even just to rest my body....sometimes I sleep and sometimes I don't. I see my radiation oncologist on Friday but not alot to be discussed unless I start getting more side effects. But, I am thankful they want to keep such a close eye on me.

Mom and I fly in Friday evening at 6:05 into St. Louis, and I will fly back to Texas early Monday morning. It will be nice to see my girls and family.

I will close for now but since I didn't post yesterday, I wanted to let you all know things are still going along fine. I feel in the weeks to come, I may get a little more tired. It's ok.....if it heals my cells, I am all for it.
God had been good to me. I have faith this separation from family and the treatments here in Houston is what God has guided me to do. He has good plans for me in the future!!

Hugs & Prayers!
Patty

Deb and I at The Cheesecake Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment