Tuesday, December 10, 2013

90,696!!

As of this moment 6:44 pm on December 10th, I have had 90,696 hits on my blog. Wowzers!! Thank you to all who read up on me, check my health status, or maybe are a cancer patient and need to see the struggles/ different chemo potions/radiation that I have been on through this journey. And if you go back far enough, I have had some big bumps in the road. BUT, I have overcame them, and came back stronger than ever...almost! Without God and all the friends and family, I would have been on a lonely journey!

I went back to the gym today. I think it has been close to 3 years. After I found out the diagnosis, I quit going due to the germs. But my white count is at 5.0 and Dr. Javle from MD Anderson says it is better to risk the germs of the gym (proceed with caution and lots of Germ X) than to breathe in all that cold 16 degree weather like we had today. PLUS, my rode is slick with ice. I was at the gym for an hour and left red faced and sweat on my shirt (I always feel like I have did good if my shirt is wet). I exercised one mile on the elliptical, one mile on the treadmill-even running a little, and I rode 3.2 miles on the bike. Feeling like I have overdone it for the first time back....walking a little crooked from achy bones. I plan on going tomorrow also.....

My two trees are up....thanks to Samantha and Chris and Jenn, Bart and Amity for putting up the 15 footer. I just had to decorate it. Now I just have to remember to get that prime rib ordered!!

Pat has signed up as Lector for Midnight Mass at 11:30 p.m.  I am excited because we usually hit the 4 p.m. Mass....but also because the Midnight Mass is speechless as far as the feeling you get when you enter....as you witness that hour or so of celebration. Pat's voice carries through a building like a bulldozer....you know he is in the house! I remember when Samantha and Leslie were 1 month old (twins) and my sister, Sarah and I went to Midnight Mass with them in our arms. Father George was our priest then, and he came to the back of the church where we were sitting and took a baby in each arm to the front of the church. LIFE.....that is what Christmas is all about! I have a picture of it somewhere.....dressed in their red/green plaid dresses. So small.....but I was one proud momma!!  Now they just turned 26 last month. Life marches on.....and on....and onnnnn.

I wanted a boy so bad when I was married to the girls father....my first was Jennifer....try, try again! A year and a half later came Amy....try, try AGAIN! So......on the third try, I was blessed with twin girls!!  Shoot me...I'm done!   Well.....Leslie was blessed with a girl and then a boy. Amy has a girl and just found out she is pregnant with a BOY (YEAH)! Jennifer has a baby girl and Samantha is getting married August 23rd of 2014~   Let's just say I am overly excited two of the girls have had something I always wanted.....but a healthy baby is a blessing. So, we are thankful for them all!!

In just a little over a month, I will be back at MD Anderson. I feel so good but I also know this cancer could be dancing around in my body since I have had no chemo since September 30th. Yes, I had radiation and hopefully it is working away in there....Pray.....Pray...Pray!

IF everyone had to pay a dollar to read my posts.....I wonder how many would pay the dollar. I would have earned $90,696 for The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation. WOW!!!  NOW I think of it.......

Give a minute, give a dollar, give a hug, give a card, give to a hungry person, give to your church, give a prayer, at this time of year....I believe it is SO important to give of oneself to a cause. It should be something you do everyday...so...if you don't do it on a regular basis....GIVE it a try!!

Feliz Navidad!

HUGS!

Patty 










1 comment: