Sunday, January 22, 2017

Anything Happens in Houston!

Yes, anything happens in Houston!  We had some younger guys and girls move into the "park model" mobile home behind us and I just had an uneasy feeling about them. They paid for a weeks stay but left rather fast one afternoon. The following day, when management couldn't get anyone to answer the door, they entered and found suspicious looking and most likely drugs of several kinds. The group left so fast, they left a drivers license behind of one girl. Smart move.....not!

We also had a pretty good storm one evening with golf ball sized hail and it sure played a number on my car!  I woke up last night to a storm and when I was doing laundry this morning, another guy said it woke him up and it was pea sized hail. That'll be enough of that stuff!!  HMPH!

I have just a few days left on the clinical trial pill before getting a week off. My phosphorus level is at 6.6 and if it gets to 7, I will go on a drug to lower my phosphorus level. I feel great! Pat and I have been walking several days when possible and then there is all the walking from the Mays building to the Main building that does the body good if you have a good pace. I have about 3 pretty long days this week at MD Anderson for the trial. It starts tomorrow at 8 am and we will be there ATLEAST 8 hours.  Same thing for Tuesday.

The main reason for the more than usual long days is because they are accommodating me so I can attend the Cholangiocarcinoma Conference from Feb1-3....but we will fly there on the 31st and fly back to Houston on the 4th. I actually get to speak and it will be live streamed on the CCF website. I believe I speak at 3 p.m.

I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes on Facebook, the cards I received, the Edible Bouquet from Chris and Samantha.

I am so blessed with my family, friends, and all the prayer lists I am on throughout the U.S. I am blessed with God's peace and I have a calmness in my heart that only God could put there. I have hope and am excited because I truly believe this trial drug is working inside my body.

In two days, I get that week off of the drug. That is one cycle. Only two more cycles, then we will scan to hear great news!!

Hugs & God Bless!!
Patty Corcoran


2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers and I know that more good news will be just down th way!

    ReplyDelete