Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back at work

Well....even with a small swollen face/neck, I came back to work today. BP was really high after taking shower, etc. but I think it is the fluid causing my BP to raise. Pat drove me to work and stayed to make sure I could handle things. He finally left at noon to go home. He has really been a lifesaver this weekend!
Back to Effingham tomorrow for chemo if they permit it. Dr. Dy said if it wasn't down (the fluid), they would postpone the chemo. I am suppose to be leaving for Arizona with Pat, my brother Larry and his wife, Sheila on Sunday. We were going to lounge and rest for a week at a resort out there. Larry & Sheila have a timeshare so they are graciously taking us along. Not sure at this point if I should go...will see what the dr. says tomorrow.
My sister Sarah came out on Monday to clean up some of my landscaping for me....THANK YOU SARAH! Hugs & Kisses coming your way!!
I rested all weekend and hoped it would help get the fluid down to zero but it is still evident if you see me. I even had to make a trip to the E-room Saturday morning due to so much fluid. It was hard for me to breathe. I think the fluid was constricting the veins in my neck and making it hard for the blood to flow easily. So...if I got up to do anything, I struggled a bit to breathe. It was not a nice weekend to say the least.
The meals prepared and brought to our house are a REAL lifesaver. I don't think I could stand long enough to make a supper at this point....maybe a peanut butter and banana sandwich!
Please continue to pray for a healing hand from the good Lord!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment