Friday, May 27, 2011

A few bumps in the road.....

Since last blogging, I had a port implanted in my chest for easier access for blood draws and chemo. The chemo was burning the veins in my arms so I had no choice. I have used it once and it HURT when they stabbed the needle into the port site. I will try it one more time before requesting a script for lidocaine to numb the site before I get the "stab".
Dr. Dy also put me on Keflex to help with the rash on my face and some where in there, I started retaining fluid in my face/neck area. Went off the Keflex....no relief. So we went to see Dr. Dy and he thought maybe it was the Tarceva......So, we went off of Tarceva. No relief. He put me on a prednisone pack which gave some relief but as soon as I was done with the dosage, the swelling/fluid in face and neck was back. Now I am off all meds(as of Friday) except Benedryl and Pepcid AC. I am going to sleep in an upright position tonight instead of laying down to see if it helps reduce the swelling. I woke up several times in the night with my throat constricted somewhat. Dr. Dy says to go to the e-room if I can't breathe.  So, in a nutshell, I have been swollen for a week and it does not seem to be getting better. He wants me resting at all times so no work either (like I would go out looking like an alien).
I know this is just a very small bump in the road compared to what is ahead for me but it is still a very emotional roller coaster. I have prayed very hard lately for God to give me the strength to get through this crazy dragon called cancer.  I seem to be very emotional right now ....not because I am afraid of death...but because I still have some things to do with my family...share in new grandchildren being born soon.....and when I feel sick, I feel weak.....and when I feel weak, I feel like I am one step closer to dying. So...this week, please pray for God to give me extra strength and faith. God has the greatest power of all and I truly believe he will lift me up out of this cancer one day soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment