Friday, July 15, 2011

Day after chemo......

The day of chemo started out with bloodwork (as usual), then seeing the dr before starting the chemo. Dr. Dy said my cancer marker went from the 400's down to 313 so the more it drops the better. Dr. Dy said it is not totally reliable as when I was in Springfield, he thought my cancer had spread all over my lymph nodes, lungs, and basically my whole body (he even called Pat and told him of his concern that this had happened due to all the clots and high cancer marker of like 465). Well....my body was all out of whack and it just made all my blood numbers jump. Thanks to the good dr for alarming me for nothing. Don't worry....I let him know to NEVER tell me news like that unless he has proof. I also told him I was the patient NOT my husband and to call me next time. After finding out he was wrong about his "theory", he called and apologized.  I think with cancer markers, you have to take them with a grain of salt....a little bit. Anyway, I am over it and ready to fight my monster again!
Chemo went fine although I am a little tired today. My bloodwork looks great and hemoglobin is steady and the same as when I left St. John's.
This blog was written over two days. The above was written on Thursday and now it is Friday and I am just finishing it. Got up and walked my 3 miles but I am a little more tired today. I was in bed by 8 last night and slept pretty well. So....basically everything is quiet and stable right now and I do expect a few relaxing days (besides two baby showers for Amy over the weekend).
I am thankful that I am able to get out of bed every morning and walk from 6-7 am before being at work at 8. I am thankful for God who is always there for me. I am thankful for my family who is also there for me to help cook, help take me to chemo, and just come and visit me when I don't feel like going anywhere. I am so thankful for all the cards, phone calls, and prayers (ESPECIALLY ALL THE PRAYERS).
God bless!!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment