Wednesday, January 11, 2012


Well....Monday afternoon the rash was back. I noticed it after lunch. So, Tuesday when I saw Dr. Dy, he was for sure it was the Xeloda- YEAH! It is a chemo pill I was taking 1500 mg in the morning and 1500 of the evening. Not alot of side body just doesn't like change.....why did it have to like that tumor for almost 4 years before it let me know about it?
So, no more Xeloda but instead of the current regimen of getting Gemzar two weeks in a row on Tuesdays, I will get it 3 weeks in a row on Tuesdays, then off a week. My platelets were down a bit as was the white count, this usually happens the second week of chemo so a third week might really play havic on my blood work. We will see and adjust accordingly. Then I will have the one week off to help build the numbers back up.  I also still take the Tarceva daily at the highest dose it is available. Maybe the Xeloda was starting to damage other organs like my kidneys so God made the allergic reaction happen to let me know it was time to get off of it. It's a possibility.  My Anti XA (Anti-Ten A) is at a perfect number according to Dr. Dy so that is super. My headaches have dissipated and I think it was a side effect of the Xeloda.
We were in ON TIME to see the Dr yesterday and it was a much calmer day at Crossroads Cancer Center. AND the nurse found my vein on the first stick. There is one nurse and even though she states it is a real joy to find a good vein on me, she seems to be the best at doing it. We were out and ate lunch with my sister Lisa at noon. I went home and took a nap for about 45 minutes. I was just exhausted from the weekend. Supper was furnished by Lisa Cummins-potato soup and no bake cookies....two of my favorite! So many thanks to Lisa!! Back at work today and feel pretty good. Going to go out for supper Friday night with all the girls and significant others besides Rhett who has to work (He belongs to Leslie). This coming Tuesday is a free day with no chemo so I am excited about that!!
Next month, it will be a year to when I was diagnosed with this monster tumor and I have changed mentally, physically, and spiritually. This past year wasn't so unbearable that I ever wanted to die but I hope things are as stable if not more stable in the coming year. BUT I am taking one day at a time and counting the blessings each day brings me.
If anyone knows how to get four free tickets to Walt Disney World or Sea World (donated), we are wanting to raffle them with a 4 night 5 day stay at the Fountains Resort in Orlando Florida for our Relay team. OR if you are feeling really giving and want to donate them (maybe need the tax write off or something?) just let Amy or I know.
God Bless you all!
Hugs & Prayers,

No comments:

Post a Comment