Friday, February 24, 2012

Costa Rica in Pictures....2012



The view from our hotel each night....


Craig & Missy Bost. Craig sells furnaces from Benoist to our Agency.
What a great couple!! 

Doc & Elvira Dolic
When Pat worked for the police in Bosnia about 14-15 years ago, this couple was in a refugee camp.
Pat was actually at this camp when Doc & Elvira were there and of course they didn't know each other. Since then, they have  became American citizens and now own the own heating/ac company. Truly an inspiring story to hear them tell it. Pat and Doc hit it off immediately as Pat knew some of the Bosnian language after all these years. 

Pat n Pat


This was a long walkway that went from the resort to the pier. Very pretty in the day but kinda scary at night. 


View from our room. Just beautiful to look out at the hotel/ocean every morning/night.


A view from the waters edge.


This isn't the exact 50 foot yacht that we rented but close to it. This was one of the highlights for me. 


The pier 


The flowers and bushes were just beautiful. I could have taken 25 pictures just as pretty as this one. 


If we were not shopping, this is what almost everyone did during the day. I might have been the only non alcoholic drinker there. Boy was there ever alot of  good laughs.....


This "pest" was not scared of my camera at all. I got pretty close to it and it just looked at me. 


A beautiful view of the Los Suenos Marriott Resort. 


Elvira, me, Dena Hall, and Missy Bost before loading for the evening cruise. Dena's husband also works for Benoist in the warehouse at Mt. Vernon. He and Craig (Missy's husband) work together.


Pat on the front of the boat as it is moving at about 30 miles an hour. He was weaving and trying to keep his footage. I told him to get his butt off the deck and that he is NOT Leonardo DeCaprio!!


Pat, Tony Hall, Doc, and another man that I cannot remember his name....dangit! We were in town shopping and the men would stop and have a drink at every open bar....ok...so did the girls. Me? Gingerale please ;-(


Mr. Jack Benoist, the owner of the company, picked this spot as our night out with a magnificent view. This man (who you can just look at and tell he has a heart of gold) puts alot of thought into what to do, where to eat, and what the grand finale will be the night before departing Costa Rica. This year, we had the most fantastic fireworks display you could ever ask for. Even the people from St. Louis said it was way better than their fireworks display.  

Missy Bost and Pat on the "night out" at our fancy restuarant with Jack Benoist. 
Wonderful food, wonderful friends, wonderful time!


Big Bertha at the swim up bar waiting on my peach smoothie. Even at $6.50 a piece, they were sooo good!!


This is Mr. Jack Benoist. Owner of Benoist Furnace Co. I think I can read people pretty well and I knew when I saw him, he really cares about his employees and the companies that buy furnaces from him. There were appr. 70 people on this trip put on by Jack and it was wonderful. It makes me jealous of all the other vacations he has taken people on because NO ONE had a bad word to say about any of the trips he has sponsored or about him!! They all had great respect for him and genuinely like him as a boss AND a friend.

Doc & Elvira Dolic. The Americans from Bosnia. We hope to meet up with them in about a month for supper. When Pat and I were so sick on the trip back (at the airport) Doc carried our bags, got our luggage, etc and was like a little father to us. Elvira played the little mother getting Pat goldfish and crackers to nibble on. I will have to say this is one of the best trips (excluding the ones I take with my girls) that I have ever been on. It was the people who made us feel so welcome. Pat and I were the "new ones" in the bunch but we just fit in like a glove. They asked us to come back next year and we are considering it IF my health is good enough. It is a 9 day cruise on a 5500 passenger cruise line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment