Thursday, March 1, 2012

This is the time I hate!

Waiting.....until I go to Houston. I received my third week of Gemzar in a row and it made my platelets go from 276,000 to 71,000. And that was before they went ahead and gave me the third round of chemo Tuesday so I imagine my platelets are still on their way down. Dr. Dy said he will have me go to the local hospital next Tuesday and do a CBC to see what my platelet count is and if I need to get platelets before going to Houston. I am ALOT uneasy about my Lovenox shots making my blood too thin and getting another brain bleed /or a bleed anywhere internally. I am suppose to rest alot as this will help build my platelets back up. Next Tuesday while at the local hospital, I will also have my blood clotting factor checked to make sure my blood is not too thin.
So......I have went from 110 mph to about 50 mph and I do not like it. A little of it is mental maybe because I am anxious about going to Houston and getting the PET scan.  All I can do at this point is pray for strength.
I am used to my bloodwork being so good (and my doctor always comes in to the room all happy and excited because my labwork is usually so good; this week he had a totally different tone). But we just recently went to chemo 3 weeks in a row since I am allergic to the other chemo they like to partner Gemzar with (I'm allergic to Cisplatin). Dr. Dy says you have to get it three weeks in a row to do any good when you get Gemzar by itself.

I have made it past the one year mark of having this ugly monster called intra-hepatic cholangiocarcinoma. It has not been the easiest ride but it could have been so much worse. And, I suppose, someday it could get to the "worse" status.....but until then, I will continue to pray for strength and determination. I will take each day....one at a time....and thank the good Lord every night I lay my head on my pillow at night.
Hugs & Prayers
Patty~

No comments:

Post a Comment